Monday, June 6, 2011

EOTD: Summer Baby Brown Eyes

Hello there! So it certainly feels like summer here in the south! We can't seem to get out of the upper 90's here! The humidity is also on full blast. I'm not going to lie, I'm ready for some cooler weather already! But I'm going to soak up the summer sun while I can! =)

I did an EOTD based off of a look I saw on youtube by Amarixe, or Allison. She called it "Sailor's Sunset", which she always comes up with cute names for her tutorials! Here's a link to the look she did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I03igZSN_AA

I think this is such a pretty look for summer! Her eyes are the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen! But I don't have baby blues! My eyes are brown, so I thought I'd choose a different under eye blue color. I chose navy, because I think navy looks great with brown eyes. I used completely different products that can be found at any drugstore. Well, here we go! *** Click on images to enlarge!***
Here are some products I used:
Maybelline Shocking Seas Duo, Elf Butternut Quad, Wet N Wild Vanity Palette

Jordana Fabuliner, WNW White Pencil, ELF Midnight Pencil, WNW Pixi Pencil

Liners, in reverse order as above

Rimmel Max Volume Flash Mascara
Step 1:
Prep your eye lids with Wet N Wild Color Icon Pencil in Pixi, or any primer.
Step 2:
Apply a light shimmery gold shade to the inner corner of the lid. Then take a yellow gold over the rest of your lid. I used the WNW Color Icon Palette in Vanity. I used the white & yellow golds.
Step 3
Apply a bronze shade to the outer v and crease area. I used the shimmery bronze shade in the ELF Butternut quad. Blend all the colors out. Use the cream color in the WNW Vanity palette as a highlight.
Step 4:
Line your waterline with a white eye pencil. I used a WNW Color Icon pencil. Then take a navy eyeliner(I used ELF Brightening eyeliner in Midnight....but I don't recommend this pencil...not very smooth!) and line your lower lash line. Top this liner off with a navy eyeshadow. I used the Maybelline duo in Shocking Seas and mixed the 2 blues together.

Step 5: Line your top lash line with a black liner. I used the Jordana Fabuliner Pen.
Step 6: Curl your lashes & apply mascara & you're done! I used the Rimmel Max Volume Flash Mascara. I just opened this tube, and the formula sucks when you first use it. So my lashes aren't looking their best in these images! LOL I also forgot to clean up some messes here and there, but I got the job done.
Here are a bunch of pictures of my eyeballs!







Well, I hope you enjoyed this look! It looks alot better in person. I have trouble photographing my own eyeballs! Especially up close! I hope you take a look at the tutorial Amarixe did! She is a sweet girl & has a great channel. 

Happy (super hot & humid) summertime!!

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment