Thursday, December 15, 2011

FX Surf Head Sea Salt Texture Paste

Hello, lovelies. I have a review on one of the items from my haul post. I bought this stuff because over the summer, I watched a bunch of bubzbeauty's hair tutorials on how to get wavy hair and what not. She always used some sort of "Sebastian clay" and said you could use any texture paste to add volume and define waves. Well, I wanted some defined, voluminousness waves!







The first thing I like about this paste is the bright colors. I love bright packaging because it just makes my plain white bathroom slightly prettier! But the overall best thing about this paste.....IT SMELLS AMAZING! I swear, I wish I had a perfume that smelled like this. It smells like a mixture of beachy goodness. The sea salt really gives it a great scent. It isn't too overbearing, but it's just enough for me.

I wasn't entirely sure how to use this. I've only used it for 2 purposes:
-When I put my hair in a top knot, i usually have wispy pieces that hang out on the sides of my face, so I use   this paste to tame the wispies! It does a nice job of keeping them straight and out of the way.
-When I curled my hair (I wanted to create waves, so I wrapped my hair around the barrel of my curling iron, just like a hot wand) I rubbed the paste in my hands and kind of scrunched my hair. I noticed slight definition in my curls. I also noticed a glorious beachy smell when I tousled my hair....

What I didn't like about this paste was that it made my hair feel kind of gross. Maybe it's supposed to do that? I have no clue what a paste is supposed to feel like....but I guess it felt normal for a paste? I think it worked the way it was supposed to, I just wasn't too fond of the feeling of my hair. It made my hair heavier. I only really use this stuff to tame the wispies!

I think this stuff is a great product for styling hair especially if you want a beachy, messy look. It'll really help you achieve that, but beware, your hair will feel icky!

No comments:

Post a Comment