Friday, July 18, 2014

Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat Manicure

Essie Come Here! and Beyond Cozy accent nail

Hello there! I've been seeing a pin floating around Pinterest for a few years for a cheap DIY gel manicure. The posts include the Gelous Advanced Gel Coat from Sally's Beauty Supply, nail color of choice, and any quick drying glossy top coat. The instructions are as follows:
  1. Start with clean, dry nails.
  2. Apply 2 coats of Gelous, allowing about 45 seconds between thin coats.
  3. Apply a thin coat of your nail color of choice. Allow to dry for a few minutes.
  4. Apply another thin coat of Gelous and allow to semi-dry.
  5. Apply another thin coat of color and allow to dry a few minutes.
  6. Finish off with a fast drying top coat. It is optional to use the Gelous on top again as top coat. Make sure to go over the edge of the nail to really seal in the polish.
Essie Come Here! and Beyond Cozy accent nail

Ooooh, so shiny!


In the photo above, you can see the bottle of Gelous. My manicure is 5 days old in this picture and you can see some minor chipping. Honestly, 5 days is a lot for me because I get bored with my nail polish easily, and most polish chips within the first few days. In the picture below, you can see the chips but the Gelous kept my manicure very shiny after 5 days.


Manicure after 5 days of wear

It might seem like a lot of steps just to make your manicure a little more shiny and to last a little bit longer, but I think it is worth it! I'm able to paint my nails before bed without worrying about the dreaded blanket smudge. I will be repurchasing Gelous. I don't always follow the exact steps. Sometimes I'll just use Gelous as a base coat alone. Feel free to play around with what works best for your nails.

I hope you enjoyed this post and give Gelous a try! It is only $5.99 at Sally's Beauty Supply.


No comments:

Post a Comment