Saturday, April 30, 2011

EOTD: Summer Sunflower Eyes

***Warning: This post might be considered by some to be "picture heavy". I don't think it is, but I just wanted you to know....I put alot of pictures in this post! If you're okay with the many pictures, click on the pictures to enlarge them!!***


Hello there! I don't know about you, but where I live, it is getting extremely HOT and HUMID! It already feels like summertime. How crazy?! I thought that I would do an eye look inspired by this summer-like weather. Amarixe, youtube beauty guru, did a look like this last summertime. But i can't find that video anymore. So i just kind of improvised & used the products I have. I'll show you pictures & explain the steps I took to have Summer Sunflower Eyes!! The key to making this look bright & opaque is to use WATER!

Step 1: Prep your eyes for color with a primer. I just used the Wet N Wild Idol Eyes Cream Shadow Stick in Pixie. Dip a flat shadow brush in water.(i used an old mineral makeup container to hold my water) Then take a golden yellow shade and apply it to the inner part of your lid. Feel free to take it down to your lower lash line. I used 2 different yellow shades; one from my Revlon Sunrise, Sunset 12-hour shadow palette, and the other from my LA Colors palette in Trendy.

Step 2: Take an orange shade and apply it to the outer part of your lid and your crease. I used 2 oranges for this as well; one from my LA Colors Trendy Palette, the other from a Color Workshop Palette. Take the orange to your outer lower lash line. Blend the yellow and orange together in the crease. (I forgot to do that in my images. Make sure you blend the colors out a bit!)

Step 3: Line your upper lashline with a brown gel liner. I used Physician's Formula Gel Liner Trio for Brown eyes, and I used the coffee shade. Make it a thin line. It can be pretty understated since we used such bright lid colors! Then line your lower lash line with a brown pencil liner. I used Cover Girl LiquiLine Blast in Brown Blaze.

Step 4: Curl lashes & apply mascara. I used the L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes.


And you are DONE!


Here are some of the products I used:
The Color Workshop palette-used orange bottom right, gold top left

Revlon Sunrise, Sunset Palette

LA Colors Trendy Palette

Physician's Formula Gel Liner for Brown Eyes



I hope you enjoyed this look & are enjoying some nice sunshiney weather!!
Have a lovely day!

=)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so pretty! These warm colors look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your comment on Steph's blog, thought I'd come over and show you some support. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you SO much for your feedback! It truly means alot to me!

    ReplyDelete