Tuesday, April 26, 2011

NOTD: Sinful Colors Nail Junkie


Sinful Colors Nail Junkie is $1.99 at Walgreens!

I have been on the search for this nail polish for quite a while! I finally managed to find it way at the back of the Sinful Colors display. It was misplaced with other shades, which explains why i haven't been able to get my hands on it! I decided to paint my nails with a glitter polish after reading about how to remove glitter polish easier. Apparently, if you soak a cotton pad with acetone polish remover, place it firmly on your finger, then apply a strip of aluminum foil to your nail and wrap it up tight for a few minutes, the glitter should come off pain free!(sorry for the incredibly drawn out run-on sentence!) It has something to do with the foil keeping the acetone pad moist, allowing it to soak the glitter up. Or something of that sort! I want to test this idea out! I hate removing glitter polish because i know i will have remaining particles of glitter stuck to my nails.
This is just 1 coat of Nail Junkie. As you can see, 1 coat is pretty sheer. This is inside my bathroom, so the lighting is exactly ideal....
Now, that's more like it!! This was with a second coat of Nail Junkie + a clear top coat. This doesn't give off the true hue of this polish. To me, this looks like glitter ocean water straight from the Caribbean!! It is a pretty turquoise, sea green polish with chunky teal & gold glitter. It is much more greenish in person. But itt is really pretty!
This is with sunlight coming in from my window. This polish is very nice after you've topped it off with a top coat. However, application felt weird to me. It is pretty goopy. It didn't have the same consistency for each of my nails. Applied to one nail, it was sheer. But the next nail was nearly opaque. It was just weird. But the end result is beautiful!


I really hope you are able to find this beauty! I think it is perfect for summertime.

Have a lovely day!
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment