Friday, June 27, 2014

Favorite Drugstore Lip Glosses

Hello there! I wanted to share some of my favorite affordable lip glosses from the drugstore. These can range from $4-$10 depending on where you purchase them. The pictures were taken in different lighting situations, that is why there are two of each picture. That way you can see how they can look different depending on lighting. I also did these swatches fairly quickly, so please excuse any messy-ness.

NYX Mega Shine Lip Glosses ($4.99 at Ulta)

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss- Dolly Pink

Dolly Pink is a bright almost fuchsia hot pink. It is much brighter in the bottle, so don't be afraid to give this a try. I think this is perfect for a girl's night out because it is really bright & girly. The formula on all of these NYX glosses is very creamy and glides on like a dream. These last maybe an hour on my lips, but I know when I wear any lip gloss it won't last too long. None of them feel sticky on the lips.

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss- Tea Rose

Tea Rose is a "my lips but better" shade for me. It is a very pretty warm pink. This could definitely be an every day color for most people. Again, the formula was very creamy.

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss- Beige

I believe Beige is one of the most well-known NYX shades in the beauty community. It's a beautiful and wearable creamy bubble gum pink, but it's name is Beige... I find that very interesting! It's one of my favorite lip glosses because it really goes with any makeup look I do.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss- Coral Reef ($6.48 at Target)

This is an old Revlon Super Lustrous lip gloss. The new ones come in a round tube with different shades. I'm not sure if Coral Reef still exists, but I'm sure you could find it online. This appears much brighter in the tube, and is more natural on the lips. It definitely gives a coral glow to the lips, but it is super wearable. Perfect for Spring & Summer! This gloss is a tad bit sticky, but I feel like it's just the right amount of "sticky" to help it stay on the lips without feeling to uncomfortable.

Rimmel Stay Glossy Lip Gloss- Timeless Allure ($4.99 at Walgreens)

Rimmel Timeless Allure

Timeless Allure is a beautiful berry red gloss with a little bit of shimmer to it. On the lips, the shimmer isn't bothersome or obnoxious. This gloss looks best layered over a lipstick. As you can see on my lips above, it looks a little patchy on its own. The formula is nice and creamy, but almost a little too slick. It doesn't seem to want to stay on my lips by itself. But over another lip product, it tends to hold much better. This doesn't feel sticky or goopy.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss- Bordeaux ($6.49 at Target)

Revlon Bordeaux

Bordeaux is probably my favorite lip gloss I own. It's a more vampy berry red than Timeless Allure. It also has some shimmer in it, but it isn't so noticeable on the lips. It applies very creamy and sticks to the lips well without feeling sticky. In the bottom picture above I layered Bordeaux over a red lipstick to show how great this looks layered over lipstick. It just vamps up the lipstick so much. It's gorgeous! By itself, the gloss is almost opaque.

Left to right- NYX Dolly Pink, NYX Tea Rose, NYX Beige, Revlon Coral Reef, Rimmel Timeless Allure, and Revlon Bordeaux


I hope you enjoyed these swatches! I will be posting my favorite drugstore lip sticks in the next few days, so be on the look out for that post! Have a lovely day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment