Friday, June 1, 2012

Pretty Peacock Eyeliner Two Ways: A Tutorial

Hello there! I have been addicted to Pinterest lately, and I came across a beautiful picture, which I'll share at the end of this post. I wanted to recreate the look for my brown eyes. After doing it similar to the picture, I decided to put the color on my upper lash line instead. So here are my two different peacock eyeliner looks! I'll have a list of products used below the pictures!! Make sure you click on the pictures to get a better look at them!

Lower Lash Line Peacock Liner:
This is a subtly dramatic look that is good for a night out. 
-Maybelline Color Tattoo in Too Cool as overall base.
-Mac Painterly Paint Pot as base for lower lash line.
-Sweep shimmery bronze shade all over lid and crease area.
-Take purple, blue, and green liner to line bottom lash line. This will be a base for the eyeshadow. I used a Turquoise and Amethyst liner.
- Pat coordinating eyeshadow on top of the liner. Start with the purple, then work your way from blue to green. This makes blending much easier.
-Apply shimmery champagne shade to inner corner & brow.
-Line upper lash line, I used a liquid liner & line lower water line, I used a pencil.
-Also, I think it would look better if you tight lined your upper water line. I didn't do this, but I think it would have looked better.
-Curl lashes & apply mascara!



Upper Lash Line Peacock Liner:
This is a more wearable colorful look.
-Apply base all over lid, I used Maybelline Color Tattoo in Too Cool.
-Again, use the colored pencil liners as a base for the eyeshadows, this time on the upper lash line.
-Dampen a thin liner brush in water and squeeze excess water from the brush.
-Start with purple eyeshadow, then blue and green. Make sure to pat it on, don't sweep it. Gently blend.
-Sweep a bronze shade all over lid and crease, avoiding the liner.
-Apply shimmery champagne shade to inner corner & brow.
-Line as close to your lashes as you can with a black gel liner. 
-Line lower water line with black pencil & lower lash line with a bronze pencil.
-Again, I think it would have looked better if it tight lined my upper water line.
-Curl lashes & apply mascara!



Inspiration For This Look:



Products Used:
Elf Little Black Beauty Book Vol.1
L'oreal Hip Duo in Showy
Maybelline Duos in Lasting Lilac & Shocking Seas
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Too Cool
Mac Paint Pot in Painterly
L'oreal Voluminous mascara
Wet n Wild Color Icon pencils in Bronze, Amethyst, and Turquoise 
Maybelline Master Drama eyeliner in Onyx
Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid liner in Blackest Black
Physicians Formula gel liner



I hope you enjoyed this eye look! I love doing colorful looks every now and then. I like to believe that I am improving on applying makeup, being more creative, and taking better photos of my makeup looks. Here are the eye looks I have done in the past, and you can expect to see more in the near future! Click on a look if you are interested in learning how to do them! :)


Please have a lovely day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment